|Object Name||File, Document|
|Title||Charles Edwin Wilbour Family Papers|
|Scope & Content||
Two boxes of archival and research materials relating to Charles Edwin Wilbour and his family.
Box A16.1 includes:
- Two copies of "KMT: A Modern Journal of Ancient Egypt" with an article titled "Rhode Island's Role in American Egyptology".
- Information request and subsequent follow-up information from the MFA and their research of Theodora WIlbour.
- Typed manuscript: "The Ancestry of the Wilbour Chair of Egyptology"
- News clippings and miscellaneous internet research.
- Photographs of family as well as Awashonks
- Brochures about the Department of Egyptology at Brown University
- Wilbour family new year's card, 1887
- A handwritten partial inventory of the box's contents
Box A16.2 holds original family letters to and from various Wilbour family members including Sara, Charles, Zoe, Charlotte and Victor. In the large folder at the bottom is a wedding invitation from William M. Tweed (Boss Tweed) for his daughter's wedding to A. Ambrose Majinnis, Jr .
In the Victor/ Zoe folder is a letter from Victor to his mother saying he is making a Horace Greeley doll. In the letter is a drawing of the doll.
-Letters to William French Wilbour attending Friends School in Providence.
|Category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Extent of Description||
Two boxes are each: h 10.25" x w 5" x d 15.5"
Includes paper, photos and newsprint.
Charles Edwin Wilbour
William M. Tweed
William French Wilbour