|Object Name||File, Document|
|Scope & Content||
Three boxes of archival and research materials related to farming.
Box A19.1 includes the following folders:
- Materials relating to the historical society's 2004 exhibit on farming.
- Notes and research on the Peckhams
- Photos from the Young family and their farm
- Miscellaneous news clippings and signs from exhibit
- Three folders of miscellaneous documents and newsclippings related to local farming
- Jane Cabot documents
- Grange Documents. Small booklets for "The Grange". Little Compton Grange deed to land. History of the Little Compton Grange #32 Hall by Walter Elwell 2002. Copy of a newpaper ariticle (no date) "Little Compton Grange Reaches Venerable 75". Early History of Seaconnet Lodge #39. List of contents of the box under the Grange hall cornerstone.
-Compact disc of miscellaneous farming photos collected from Sydney Burleigh. Photo appear to be farming in the area of West Main Road and Swamp Road.
Box A19.2 includes historical photographs in various sizes related to farming. Barn photographs of Jane Cabot's demolished Barn.
Box A19.3 is oversized and includes additional information on exhibit, photocopies of original research material. Item 2007.3419 one pound empty paper bag for seeds from A.E. Wordell of New Bedford, Mass
Box A19.4 is oversized and includes two large posters that have been encapsulated in mylar. One publicizes a public auction for a farm and is dated November 16, 1882. The second is also a public auction for a farm and is dated March 3, 1906.
-Packet of RI's Farming Family Tree
The Harbert Farm
The Marchant Farm
The Seabury Farm
The Simmons Farm
The Blue Flag Farm
The Reynolds Farm
The Farm of Marion and Dorothy Fry
The Whimshaw Farm
The Farm of Gifford Tibbitts
|Category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Extent of Description||
Two boxes are each: h 10.25" x w 5" x d 15.5", Third box is oversized and h 1.75" x w 15" x d 18.75", Forth box is also oversized: h 3.25" x w 21" x d 24.75"
paper, newsprint, photographs
A. E. Wordell
Seaconnet Lodge #39