|Object Name||File, Document|
|Title||Wilbor House, Friends Meeting House, Waite-Potter House|
|Scope & Content||
Two boxes of archival materials relating to the Wilbor House, the Friends Meeting House and the Waite-Potter House.
Box A24.1 includes:
- Material relating to the Friends Meeting house includes photographs, deeds, newspaper clippings, brochures, the Spring 1957 edition of "The Bulletin of the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities", handwritten and typed notes.
- Material relating to the Wilbour House includes oversized loose photographs, a folder of photographs, brochures, negatives, info about the audio tour, a folder of miscellaneous notes, papers and floor plans, and an issue of "Antiques" magazine from 1958.
- Material relating to the Waite-Potter House includes a folder of photographs and an issue of the "The Bulletin of the Antiquarian & Landmark Society" from 1978.
- Folder of material related to the addition to the Wilbor House in the 1960s. Architect Thomas Marvel.
-Magazine. Newport Life Magazine - 2005. Story about the Wilbor House pg 40.
Box A24.2 includes:
- Floor plan of the Little Compton Meeting House, 1932-33
- Newspaper clippings related to the Wilbour House, Friends Meeting House, and Waite-Potter House
- Original drawing of Wilbor House Herb Garden.
- Property line survey to combine lots. Barker Land Surveying
- Septic System location drawing
- Water Line Barn to Wilbor House
- Folder of room information
- Folder of Buildings and Grounds related materials.
Box A24.3 includes:
- National Register nomination paperwork
- Architectural Conservatinn Assessment 1994
- Conservation Assessment of Collections 1994
- Collection Care Planning Review and Storage Facility and
Collections Space Assessment 2002
- Structural inspection report for Wilbor House and Barn 1994
- Quilt Preservation Recommendations 2002
- State Preservation Grant information
- Compact Disc of photographs of 2008 work done on Wilbor House and barn associated with the State Preservation Grant
|Category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Extent of Description||
Box 1 measures: h 32.5" x w 15" x d 18.75", box 2 measures: h 3.75" x w 16.5 x d 20.5"
paper, photographs, newsprint
John J. Barker
Friends Meeting House
National Register of Historic Places
Architectural Conservation Assessment
Conservation Assessment of Collections
Collection Care Planning Review and Storage Facility and
Collections Space Assessment
Structural inspection report for Wilbor House and Barn
Quilt Preservation Recommendations 2002
State Preservation Grant