|Object Name||File, Document|
|Title||Fort Church Documents|
|Scope & Content||
Box of archival and research material relating to Fort Church and World War II.
- Book: "Defense of Narragansett Bay in Wold War II" by Walter K. Schroder
- Book: "Bulwark & Bastion" by James R. Hinds & Edmund Fitzgerald
- Book: "Seacoast Fortifications of the United States" by Emanuel Raymond Lewis
- Sakonnet Yacht Club newsletter
- Typed summaries of the above, photocopies of news clippings and blueprints of the fort.
- Folder with photocopies of War Department reports and documents from the early 1940s
- Folder with original and reproduction photos, original War Department documents, original purchase orders, and other miscellaneous documents.
- Folder with several documents by Norman Shether covering his World War II duties as an ambulance driving with the American Field Service. Also a story about being at the liberation of Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.
- Folder with correspondance between Mary W. Tompkins and the U.S. Army Claims and Litigation Group in regards to her request for reimbursement of damage done to her Little Compton properties during firing practice at Fort Church.
-Over size photo of Battery F Tenth Coast Artillery Fort Church R.I. 1943 is located in the Storage Room Flat Files draw FF9.
- World War II Story by Carlton C. Brownell
- Photo album by Edmund F. Simmons, Tientsin, China. 1/13/1946
-Memorial Remembrance for John R. Shurtleff.
-Christmas Day menu 1943.
-Axonometric view of battery gray earth science complex - Sakonnet Point, Little Compton, RI Robert Genna 1977
|Category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Extent of Description||Box is h 10.25" x w 5" x d 15.5"|
Mary W. Tompkins
Carlton C. Brownell
Edmund F. Simmons
John R. Shurtleff
World War II