|Object Name||File, Document|
|Scope & Content||
Box of archival materials relating to towns in the surrounding area of Little Compton. Eight folders cover the following towns:
- Newport. One folder with a small booklet entitled "The Old Stone Mill at Newport, R.I."
- Fall River. One folder with a booklet entitled "Fifty Photographic Views of the Fall River Line". Folder also has loose photographs of the Peckham Davis Milk Company.
- Providence. One folder of late 19th c. photographs.
- Tiverton -Westport. Five folders. The 1st folder has photographs and a calendar page. An article "Old Buildings of Tiverton" by Carlton Brownell date unknown. The 2nd folder has articles about the Old Stone Bridge and Old Stone Church. The 3rd folder has a photocopy of an article about the Brownell donation of land to the Westport Land Conservation Trust. The 4th folder has two documents pertaining to Captain Robert Gray.
5th folder of the Simons Family. Mill operator David W. Simmons. Home at Mill Mere.
- Dartmouth. One folder has a photocopy of select pages from "Dartmouth: The Early History of a Massachusetts Coastal Town."
Head of Westport Map
|Category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Extent of Description||
box measures: h 10.5" x w 5" x d 15.5"
Captain Robert Gray
David W. Simmons
Peckham David Milk Company
Old Stone Bridge
Old Stone Church
Westport Land Conservation Trust
Old Stone Mill
Head of Westport