|Object Name||File, Document|
|Title||Whaling and Maritime|
|Scope & Content||
Box of archival documents related to the whaling and maritime trades. Includes:
- Ship's account book from 1818
- Two-page Bill of Sale for a sailing vessel. Has two dates:1859 and 1865
- A Bulletin from the Newport Historical Society entitled "Steamboats on Narragansett Bay", 1933
- A booklet entitled: "Ships and Shipmasters of Old Providence", 1919
- A typed report of "Little Compton Whalemen" dated August 1988.
-Book of Thomas G. Tompkins. November 26, 1831. Account book of Labor and supplies. Last entry in the 1870s. Book was found among Loretta Atkins books 1528 Adams Street, Port Townsend Wa 98368. Kate Dwyer writes "She (Loretta Atkins) had no idea how she came by it.
|Category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Extent of Description||
box measures: h 3.25" x w 11.25" x d 15.5"
Thomas G. Thomkins