|Object Name||File, Document|
|Title||Gray Family Papers|
|Scope & Content||
Two boxes of Gray family documents.
Box A1.5 is full of mostly letters, but also includes military papers, receipts, notes, poems, and newspaper clippings. Letters are sorted into bundles tied with string. The box includes small bundles of photograph cards. One is marked "Wood Family".
Box A1.6 includes:
- a box of small photographs of the Switzer family
- a box of small photographs of Belle Mayhew and her husband (unreadable)
- bundles of letters, small account book, "Sea-Nymph's Album", book of poems to Bessie Gray (Grey), envelope of stamps, envelope of loose photographs
- Pamphlet about Little Compton in the Revolution and War of 1812
- Ambrotypes and daguerreotypes
- Wooden board with family birth and death dates
|Category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Extent of Description||
Two boxes. One measures h 3.25" x w 11.25" x d 15.5", the other: h 3.75" x w 11.75" x d 17.5"
paper, newsprint, photographs, metal, leather
|Source||Parks Little House Corporation|
|Date||19th and 20th c.|
War of 1812