|Object Name||File, Document|
|Scope & Content||
Two boxes of archival materials related to the Portuguese Room and Exhibit.
Box A68.1 includes:
- Eight reference books relating to the Azores, Portugal and other related subjects.
- Booklet: "Historic Adamsville" with a paper that lists pages that reference Portuguese.
- Booklet: "Early Portuguese Settlers in Little Compton, Rhode Island" (2 copies, 1 photocopy)
- Multiple copies of the same pamphlet of tourist information for the Azores, various other brochures and booklets relating to Azores travel.
- Brochures from the Portuguese-American archives at UMASS Dartmouth.
- Two tickets to "St. Catherine's Holy Ghost Feast" in 1975
- 2 laminated ribbons from different Holy Ghost Feasts
- Miscellaneous laminated documents, including exhibit labels
- Guestbook from the opening of the Portuguese Room, 1973
- Paper Azorian flag
Box A68.2 includes:
- Binder titled: "2007 Portuguese Oral History Transcripts."
- Miscellaneous laminated labels, paper photocopies of labels, and original paper backings from frames.
- Booklet: "St. Catherine of Siena Church, Dedication", 1993
- Booklet about the Cape Verdean's in SE Mass. and Rhode Island
- Program from exhibit preview party
- Typed report "The Life of Peter Francisco"
- Original photo and photocopies from the 2007 LCHS Azores Tour
- Photocopy of a c. 1850 census
-Documents from the Flores Family. Deed for land, marriage certificate, Certificate of Baptism.
- Folder with Reports of the Immigration Commission on Portuguese farmers in the New England area.
Little Compton Portuguese immigrated from the Azores starting in the late 19th century.
|Category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Extent of Description||
two boxes, each measures: h 10.5" x w 5" x d 15.75
Manuel S. Flores
Maria S. Fontes